Wednesday, June 05, 2013

The Basketball Jones - bringing it for 1000 episodes and counting

I would be remiss if I did not give a shoutout to Skeets, Tas, JD and the rest of the guys at The Basketball Jones, who celebrated their staggering 1000th episode today. The Jones daily podcast is must-listen/watch material for any NBA fan.

I've been tuning in since 2008, when it was just three guys with a high-quality audio recorder in some dude's apartment in Toronto. Even then in its rawest form, The Jones delivered the most entertaining 15-20 minutes of most of my days. These days, I try to not miss an episode.

It's astounding what they have done, and what they continue to do, living the DIY success story. It so obviously took lifetimes of sweat and tears to get to the point where they are now, internationally acclaimed hoops gurus. I still remember when Tas shook of a shattered femur to bring the insight for one season. Legendary.

Congrats, fellas. Everyone should check them out. The list of videos in this post is solid.


 

No comments: